Pokemon Go is a popular Augmented Reality (AR) mobile game developed by Niantic to satisfy the demands of the gamers who play on their smartphones. It uses its GPS in order to build a virtual environment where the player can make a character, and use it to hunt, catch or train virtual creatures. The game spelled out what the future holds for virtual reality by engaging the player in an actual world. Since the game’s launch, players have reported a variety of bugs, the latest among them is “pokemon Go error 12” Inability to determine location”.
We’ve conducted an analysis and put all the concepts together so that you can swiftly fix the issue and be able to avoid it at any time.
Why you are Failed to Detect Location – Pokemon Go Error 12
There are a myriad of possible causes of Pokemon Go Error 12 or Failed to detect location error and some of the most frequent reasons are listed below:
- If your phone’s Find My Device feature is enabled, you might encounter Pokemon Go Error 12 error message in the game.
- When the Mock Location isn’t disabled within your phone’s settings, “failed to detect location” will show on your screen.
If you’re located in a region where your phone isn’t able to receive GPS signals, Pokemon go error 12 could be displayed on your screen.
The most basic and effective method to resolve Pokemon Go error 12 is to reboot your phone’s location service.
- Choose Location Option on the Settings menu.
- First disable it, then turn off by pressing on the toggle located on the right side of your screen.
- Go into the menu Mode and select High Accuracy.
How to Fix Pokemon Go Failed to Detect Location Issue?
Let’s jump straight to fix Pokemon go Error 12 or Failed to detect location error.
Fix 1 – Clear the cache and data of the game
The data is utilized to display prior information about the program whenever it is launched Caches are scripts or documents that you save to your system when you start the program you want to use. The application will not function effectively if the data saved in the Cache is damaged. To resolve the issue you must clear the app’s cache and all data.
- On your smartphone you can go on your phone’s Settings option.
- Alerts and Apps can be found and clicked on. It’s possible it’s applications on certain phones.
- Find Pokemon Go and select to store your data.
- Examine whether the issue has been solved by pressing on the Clear Data and Clear Cache keys.
Fix 2 – Uninstall Maps Updates to fix Pokemon Go Error 12
As Pokemon Go relies on Maps to recreate the game in real-time when Maps are permitted to be displayed to run in the background while you spoof, you’ll receive Error 12. The most simple option is to visit Settings and deactivate Maps Updates. To complete this task follow these steps:
- Choose Apps from the phone’s Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then press on the Maps button.
- Select Uninstall Updates by clicking the icon with three dots on the right-hand side on the right.
- To erase cache and data go to Storage by tapping Clear Data as well as Clear Cache.
Fix 3 – Install an Older Version of Google Play Services
Google Play Services is an essential element that comes with Android. It is a key component of an Android gadget that enhances user experience by synchronizing better-quality low-powered services based on location instantly. If error 12 is displayed on your computer remove Google Play Services and reinstall an older version, as the latest version makes the spoofing of Pokemon Go more difficult.
- Select Apps on your phone’s Settings.
- Locate and start Google Play Services. Choose Uninstall Updates from the three dots icon located on the right-hand side of the page.
- Then, open the app on your phone to download an earlier version of Google Play Services.
- Test it and see whether the issue has been resolved.
Fix 4 – Disable “Find My Device” Option
The majority of players use Pokemon Go with a fictitious GPS location. In the event that your smartphone’s Find My Device feature is enabled, it is likely that the Pokemon Go servers will monitor it and stop players from playing the game. To prevent this from happening, ensure that this option is turned off using the instructions listed below:
- Click on Security within your mobile’s settings.
- Then, look for your Device Administrators’ option, by scrolling to the bottom.
- To disable it, remove the checkbox on it. Find My Device option.
Fix 5 – Modify a few options in FGL Pro to fix Pokemon Go Error 12
FGL Pro is a common application that lets you enjoy Pokemon Go with a fictitious location. If Error 12 shows up on your computer, you must make sure that you are using the correct setting for the application that allows the game to operate using the fake GPS.
- Begin FGL Pro and go to the Settings menu at the top left edge of your screen.
- The Secure Mocking as well as Autofix Mocking Location should be evaluated. Verify you have the Mocking Method has been set to Method 2. (Node 2: If Method 2 fails, change to Method 1 or Method 2).
- Try restarting using the Pokemon Go app to see whether the issue is still present.
Fix 6 – Spoof in Pokemon GO Application
Spoofing is a term that’s used within the Pokemon Go community to describe a method for mimicking the game without having to get up from your seat. To successfully spoof in Pokemon Go, follow the steps in the following paragraphs:
- Go to the browser on your phone and enter “How to Root XXXX.” (Note that you should replace the XXXXX by your phone’s name as well as the model.)
- If you want to root your device, follow instructions provided by Google. (Please note that every system comes with its own method of rooting.)
- Once your phone is Rooted, open the phone’s browser and download the app for GPS JoyStick Fake GPS Location.
- After it is installed, select the Privacy Mode from the quick options section.
- “Do you want to create a new app copy or update an existing one?” A window will appear. Choose Generate.
- Click on Start and start typing Pokemon Pro as a new title to the application.
- To install the software To install the application, press Install once the latest copy is created.
- Then, go to the smartphone’s Play Store. Download Connection 2 SD by searching for it. (Note that this app needs to have been installed onto a root device.)
- Then, open Link 2 SD and look within the All applications category for Pokemon Pro. (Ensure you have root permissions on Link 2 SD. Link 2 SD has root permissions.)
- Select Convert to machine application by clicking the three dots at the right-hand side of the screen.
- Open PockemonPro and then go through the menu for settings located in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down to make sure you have the option to “Allow Indirect Mocking,” “Enable System Mode,” “Disable Location Service,” and “Enable a GPS reset” are all selected.
- Select Location Options from the smartphone’s settings.
- If you press the toggle button located near the bottom of the display, you are able to activate the Location feature.
- Then go into the menu Mode, and select Device Only.
- Then, open Pokemon Pro and select Set Location from the menu.
- Go here for the map, and select a spot to start by spoofing and see whether the issue has been fixed.
Fix 7 – Remove Mock Location from your mobile
Location Mock Location It’s an Android Devices service that allows developers to utilize a fake location to test their ideas. If you’re using your Android smartphone’s Mock Location feature is active it will show error 12 in Pokemon Go. To fix this issue take the steps listed in the following steps.
- Choose the option “About Phone” from your phone’s settings.
- Then, locate the Build Number Tap it several times until the toast is displayed saying “You are now a developer.”
- Go back to the configuration menu , and choose Developer Options in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Toggle button on right at the very top, to open Developer Options.
- Select option Select mock location option in the Debugging section.
- Press the button to stop. Verify whether the issue persists when you restart your PC.